Terms of Service
Thank you for using TypTap.com, owned and operated by TypTap Management Company. This is a legally binding contract governing access to and use of TypTap.com and the related websites, software and services. In this contract, “we,” “us” or “our” refer to TypTap Management Company and “TypTap Services” means collectively TypTap.com and the related websites, software and services. By accessing or using the TypTap Services you agree to be bound by the terms of this contract and to fulfill your responsibilities as described in this contract. Moreover, if you access or use the TypTap Services on behalf of an organization, then you agree to this contract for that organization and promise that you have the authority to bind that organization to this contract. In that case, “you” and “your” also refer to that organization. You may use the TypTap Services only if you have the power and authority to enter into this contract with us and are not prohibited from doing so by any applicable laws. You or the person acting on your behalf (if you are an organization) must be a human, 18 years of age or older. Access and use of the TypTap Services by robots, spiders or other automated means is prohibited. If you don’t agree to the terms of this contract or meet the qualifications set forth above, then you must not access or use the TypTap Services.
Termination of Access and Use
If you violate the terms of this contract, we may terminate, suspend or modify your access and use of the TypTap Services at any time without notice. We may terminate, suspend or modify your access and use of the TypTap Services at any time without notice for any reason or for no reason.
Changes to this Contract
We may change the terms of this contract anytime by posting the most current version of this contract at TypTap.com. By accessing or using the TypTap Services after we post the revised version, you agree to be bound by the terms of revised contract. If you do not agree to the revised terms, then you must stop accessing or using the TypTap Services.
We may change, suspend or terminate the TypTap Services anytime without notice. If we change the TypTap Services in anyway, this contract will apply to those changes as well, including any enhancements, improvements and additional features. The TypTap Services are made available only for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use in connection with seeking insurance. Use of the Site by a competitor company or other non-consumer third party is prohibited. Except as expressly mandated by law, you may not, without our prior written permission: (i) link from another website to the Site; (ii) post, transmit, copy, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, sell, or republish anything you obtain or download from the Site; or (iii) engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Site.
Software and Updates
Some TypTap Services may require you to download software. We grant to you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use that software, solely for you to access and use the TypTap Services. Your license to use the software is automatically and immediately revoked if you violate any of the terms of this contract. We hereby reserve all rights not expressly granted in this contract. The TypTap Services may update the software on your device automatically when a new version is available.
- Provide us with accurate contact and other account related information and update your information promptly when changes occur.
- Safeguard your password. Do not disclose it to anyone else. You will be responsible for any activity using your account whether or not you authorized the activity. Promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
- Be sure you have the necessary rights and permissions to your data and any data you use.
- Do not use the TypTap Services in an unacceptable manner as described in our Unacceptable Use Policy.
- Do not upload spyware or any malicious software to the TypTap Services.
- Do not reverse engineer or decompile any software accessed through or downloaded from the TypTap Services, attempt to do so, or assist anyone else to do so.
- Do not copy or use any of our trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names or brand features. Nothing in this contract grants to you any rights in or to such items.
- Do not copy scripts, graphics or interactive features of the TypTap Services.
- Do not access or search the TypTap Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (“scraping,” for example).
Unacceptable Use Policy
You may use the TypTap Services for your personal use. Certain uses of the TypTap Services, however, are unacceptable. Do not use or attempt to use the TypTap Services to perform any of the following acts:
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access or use TypTap Services to which you are not entitled or invited;
- hack, or tamper with our computer systems or the computer systems of anyone else;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the TypTap Services;
- plant or distribute malware;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- publish or share materials that violate the privacy of others; that advocate racial, ethnic or religious hatred, or that are pornographic, obscene, indecent, vulgar, profane, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, malicious, fraudulent or misleading; or
- violate the law in any way.
No Rights to TypTap Services, Content or Software
Except as specifically stated, this contract grants to you no right, title, or interest in the TypTap Services, any content within the TypTap Services or any software you may download from the TypTap Services.
Important Notices, Disclaimers and Limitations
While we think every word of this contract is important (otherwise we would have left them out), we have printed some really important notices in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS to be sure you see them. Some states do not allow disclaimers or limitations of liability like those appearing below, so those disclaimers and limitations might not apply to you or your circumstances.
TypTap Services Provided “AS-IS”
THE TYPTAP SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AT YOUR OWN RISK, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss or corruption of your data or other harm that may result from your access to or use of the TypTap Services.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS OR OUR AFFILIATED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS), REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; OR (II) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE TYPTAP SERVICES MORE THAN THE GREATER OF $20 OR THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS OF THE TYPTAP SERVICES FROM WHICH THE LIABILITIES ARISE.
Miscellaneous Legal Provisions
THIS CONTRACT AND THE USE OF THE TYPTAP SERVICES WILL BE GOVERNED BY FLORIDA LAW WITHOUT REGARD TO FLORIDA’S CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTRACT OR THE TYPTAP SERVICES MUST BE LITIGATED EXCLUSIVELY IN THE FEDERAL COURTS IN AND FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF FLORIDA OR THE STATE COURTS IN AND FOR HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FLORIDA, AND YOU AND WE BOTH CONSENT TO VENUE AND PERSONAL JURISDICTION THERE. This contract contains the entire and exclusive understanding between you and us with respect to the TypTap Services, and supersedes and replaces any other oral or written contracts, agreements, terms and conditions applicable to the TypTap Services. Except for the provisions dealing permissions to third parties and limitations of liability, the terms of this contract are solely for the benefit of you and us and not any third party. Our failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of our right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable the remaining provisions of this contract will remain in full effect and an enforceable provision will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign this contract or any of your rights or responsibilities in this contract to anyone, and any such attempt is void. We may assign this contract and any rights under this contract to any of our subsidiaries or affiliated entities, or to any successor in interest of any business or portion of a business associated with the TypTap Services. This contract does not make you and us legal partners or agents. You and we are independent contractors. This contract will be interpreted in accordance with rules of plain English and without use of the silly rule of construction expressed in Latin “expressio unius est exclusio alterius” (the express mention of one thing excludes all others).